Feb 3rd, 10:10am
Live blog post…
Alan LeFort from Telus presented on this Canadian IT security practices survey and study:
– 60 percent of Gov’t don’t enforce their security strategy
– 4 percent of Gov’t orgs reported financial data loss
– 1 in 11 have lost confidential data
– private organizations almost 3 times more likely than Gov’t to communicate security issues with stakeholders
– IT security investments directly impact (reduce) security incident reports
– Gov’t strong in network security, weak in application security (e.g. lack of strong authentication)
– breach costs average 23 percent higher in Canada vs US
– private sector paying 35 to 40 percent higher salaries for security staff
The 2009 study will target 800 respondants (up from 306 in ’08). Currently looking for input to survey design — Google ‘Rotman Telus Security Survey’ to find site.
One thought on “PS2009 — Telus/Rotman IT Security Study”
Comments are closed.